Department: Auxiliary Services
Salary Range: $24,000 – $44,000
Immediate Supervisor: Assistant College Director Bookstore & Auxiliary Services
Schedule Details: Full-time/12 month position/PEERS
The eCommerce and Remote Sales Manager is responsible for maintenance of the Bookstore website, providing technical support functions for the Bookstore and Café 101, and directing fulfillment of online orders. Other major responsibilities include coordinating and managing the Bookstore’s visits to the extended campuses of OTC.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintain Bookstore website with an emphasis on merchandising and increasing sales.
- Oversee all technical operations of the Bookstore and Café 101 by identifying needs, troubleshooting and resolving issues, and coordinating installation and maintenance efforts with Information Technology and third party vendors.
- Coordinate visits to the extended campuses and oversee all details of the visit.
- Establish procedures for preparing, processing, and facilitating all online orders and assisting with the packing of books and other merchandise.
- Ensure that online orders, for both shipment and campus pickup, are handled in an efficient and timely manner in conjunction with the Warehouse Operations Supervisor.
- Assure that the most up-to-date textbook information is available in the online textbook ordering system in accordance with HEOA regulations.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Research national trends for collegiate bookstores, analyze supplemental sales as needed.
- Assist with retail accounting activities as needed in conjunction with the Finance Department.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning or five years of retail experience.
- Two years of experience in retail management/marketing, web software and design.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and ability to be insured by the college.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- One year of experience in clothing and soft goods.
- Experience managing retail operations on a two-year or four-year college campus.
- Experience with point-of-sales systems.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger/touch, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to move around and about their area, and operate a computer as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
- Copy of college transcripts (if applicable)
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.