Part-time Bookstore Sales Associate
Job no: 492883
Work type: Lebanon Center, Richwood Valley Campus, Springfield Campus, Tablerock Campus, Waynesville Center
Location: Springfield, MO, Lebanon, MO, Nixa, MO, Waynesville, MO, Hollister, MO, Republic, MO
Categories: Part-Time Staff, Administrative Services, Retail, Staff
Department: Auxiliary Services
Salary Range: $8.25 per hour
Immediate Supervisor: Customer Service & Remote Sales Supervisor
Schedule Details: Part-time/Temporary (This position may only last from November 6th through February 9th.)
The Bookstore Sales Associate performs necessary functions assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Bookstore, including customer service, stocking, answering phones, and assisting students. This position also meets the public tactfully and courteously, and works independently in the absence of supervision by using initiative and judgment in dealing with workflow or uncertain situations.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide excellent customer service in all areas of the Bookstore.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Bookstore, which may include operating cash registers, assisting customers, answering phones, maintaining the sales floor, stocking merchandise, and receiving shipments.
- Remain knowledgeable about bookstore policies, procedures, and operations.
- Respond to customer complaints, store emergencies, and disruption of services.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Help to ensure the success of the Bookstore by performing all other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push and pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to make basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous cashier and/or customer service experience.
- Dependable transportation.
- National Career Readiness Certificate.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require considerable physical activity, including handling of objects that can weigh up to 50 lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger/touch, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to move around and about their area, and operate a computer as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. This position may require a practical skills test at the time of interview.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend