Adjunct Industrial Systems Technology Instructor
Job no: 492933
Work type: Lebanon Center
Location: Lebanon, MO
Categories: Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty, Academic Affairs, Faculty, Technical Education
Department: Technical Education
Salary Range: Adjunct Salary Classification Chart
Immediate Supervisor: Assigned Department Chair
The Adjunct Instructor is responsible for developing and implementing the daily lesson plans and activities for proper management of assigned classes. The instructor is also responsible for creating a classroom environment that implements best practices, supports industry standards, and engages students in career and technical education. The instructor will also maintain industry and required certification(s) for specialized fields.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide quality instruction which is reflective of current discipline standards and is accurate, relevant, and engaging using college–approved curriculum and resources.
- Actively engage and interact with students using intentional best practice teaching strategies.
- Plan and prepare the learning environment with needed materials and supplies.
- Communicate and collaborate with full-time instructors in creating and implementing course curriculum, objectives and materials.
- Present course content in an unbiased and civil manner, while demonstrating respect, helpfulness, and responsiveness toward students.
- Demonstrate professional conduct, positive attitude, and supportive culture.
- Maintain appropriate record keeping for assigned classes to include student attendance, record of grades earned, and other related classroom information.
- Facilitate student recruitment; assist in the promotion of programs.
- Actively participate in department and division meetings, events, and initiatives
- Maintain confidentiality of students, parents/guardians, and fellow staff members, as well as records and all information.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree in an industrial maintenance related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning (or five years of experience in the industrial maintenance field).
- Three years of industry related experience.
- Five years of experience in industrial maintenance with a focus on programmable logic controls (PLC).
- Teaching or training experience in the private or public sector.
- Demonstrate current knowledge in course content and effectiveness in teaching assigned subjects.
- Availability to teach evening courses.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Two years of classroom experience.
- An industry recognized credential in the program field of study.
- Ten years of employment experience in the industry or a related field.
- Knowledge of learning management systems (such as Canvas).
- Participation in professional organizations related to teaching area.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger/touch, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to move around and about their area, and operate a computer as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
- Copy of college transcripts (if applicable)
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend