Salary Range: $8.00 - $9.00 per hour
Immediate Supervisor: College Director of Student Financial Services
Schedule Details: Part-time (Not to exceed 19.5 hours per week)/Must be able to work a flexible schedule (afternoon and evening shifts)
The part-time Student Account Services Representative is responsible for maintaining, performing, and assisting with various tasks necessary in the day-to-day operations of the Finance Office. This position also recognizes and maintains confidentiality of work materials as appropriate; understands and carries out verbal and written directions; and demonstrates excellent customer service skills in all activities.
Essential Job Duties
- Front desk personnel – responsible for assisting and resolving student accounts receivable inquiries.
- Provide quality customer service to students.
- Provide daily cashiering and balancing of all monies due the college and prepares daily deposits.
- Process, transmit and balance all daily credit card transactions.
- Assist students in enrollment of payment plan.
- Assist student with college online payment processing.
- Communicate with students and staff the policies and procedures of the Finance Office.
- Assist in office opening and closing duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist and handle student accounts receivable inquiries.
- Voucher all financial aid program refunds and all other student refunds.
- Perform data entry of miscellaneous student charges.
- Process and maintain all accounts receivable billings and authorizations that are necessary.
- Handle data entry and reconcile the payment plan system.
- Handle overdue account correspondence and communication with collection agencies and Missouri Department of Revenue for state debt offset program.
- Transmit and reconcile financial aid disbursements to student accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- One to three years of customer service experience.
- One year of cash handling/balancing activity.
- Experience working independently.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Accounting experience, specifically with computerized accounting systems.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger/touch, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to move around and about their area, and operate a computer as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYOMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.