Facility HVAC Technician
Job no: 492982
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Full-Time Staff/Administration, Administrative Services, Facilities & Grounds, Staff
Department: Facilities & Grounds
Salary Range: $27,000 – $44,000
Immediate Supervisor: College Director of Facilities and Grounds
Schedule Details: Full-time/12 month position/PEERS
The Facility HVAC Technician is responsible for performing skilled technical work in providing a continuous supply of heat and air conditioning to ensure a controlled environment at multiple locations.
Essential Job Duties
- Perform a thorough preventative and predicative maintenance schedule of HVAC and kitchen equipment to minimize breakdowns and emergency repairs.
- Monitor equipment including: air handling equipment, boilers, chillers, air compressors, refrigerators, freezers, ice makers, pumps, and high/low pressure refrigeration equipment.
- Monitor the college’s energy management system daily; make adjustments and repairs.
- Identify and repair equipment which require the understanding and use of blue prints and wiring diagrams.
- Assist in maintenance activities to provide a continuous supply of heat, electrical power, and air conditioning.
- Maintain a list of the equipment and supplies required for operations and to meet emergency situations.
- Ability to use a mustimeter, service gauge, torch, vacuum pump, recovery machine, leak testers, and various other equipment.
- Report and correct safety hazards.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Conduct a planned program of preventive maintenance.
- Order supplies, equipment and materials as needed.
- Develop procedures for inventory control.
- Attend employee in-service programs to improve work performance.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Certification in heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC), or equivalent experience in HVAC role.
- Five years of experience in HVAC.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) license.
- Knowledgeable of methods, materials, tools and equipment used in building and HVAC maintenance.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Construction knowledge regarding installation of HVAC equipment.
- Five years of experience in facility maintenance.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger/touch, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to move around and about their area, and operate a computer as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend