Department: Student Services
Salary Range: $9.25 per hour
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Student Services
Schedule Details: Part-time (not to exceed 19.5 hours per week)
The part-time Student Services Representative - Call Center position assists students, prospective students, staff, faculty, and external constituents by phone with financial aid, admissions, registration, payment, and general information. Additionally, this position assists with email, Live Chat, and various office tasks.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide quality customer service to the college’s diverse internal and external constituents by telephone.
- Maintain and accurate working knowledge of financial aid, admissions, registration, payment and other areas of the college in order to answer questions accurately and without transferring the caller.
- Actively listen to callers and communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Utilize problem solving skills to resolve complex student issues.
- Work closely with departments from across the college to communicate accurate and timely information.
- Speak to callers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Communicate student issues to supervisor or appropriate personnel when appropriate.
- Assist with preparing printed letters for outgoing mail.
- Follow FERPA guidelines for student privacy.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Completed 12 credit hours from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the telephone and electronically.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Prior student services or call center experience.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger/touch, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to move around and about their area, and operate a computer as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
- Copy of college transcripts
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.