Department: Marketing & Communications
Salary Range: $25.00 - $50.00 per hour
Immediate Supervisor: Strategic Communications Specialist
Schedule Details: Part-time/Not to exceed 19.5 hours per week (Must have flexible schedule – will need occasional day, night and weekend availability)/There are multiple positions available.
The Part-time Mascot/Handler must be able to perform as Ozzy the Eagle and/or his handler as needed at OTC events and community functions within a 100-mile radius of Springfield. As the mascot performer, the individual is responsible for engaging and entertaining event attendees. As handler, the individual is responsible for speaking on behalf of Ozzy the Eagle, handing out merchandise, and ensuring the mascot performer takes breaks as needed.
Essential Job Duties
- Perform as “Ozzy the Eagle” or serve as his handler at OTC-sanctioned events.
- Exude energy, enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Commit to scheduled appearances.
- Have a reliable mode of transportation (will be reimbursed for mileage).
- Distribute promotional items to increase OTC awareness and pride.
- Participate in photoshoots and the filming of promotional videos.
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of costume, including proper storage, stain treatment, etc.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Possess an outgoing personality.
- Maintain high levels of energy for extended periods of time.
- Interact well with people of all ages.
- Read social cues to understand the level of interaction desired by individuals.
- Be in good physical condition to wear a heavy costume and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Previous mascot and/or theater experience.
- Previous dance and/or gymnastics experience.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.