Department: Testing Services
Salary Range: $8.60 per hour
Immediate Supervisor: Coordinator of Testing Services
Schedule Details: Part-time (not to exceed 19.5 hours per week)/Cannot be a current OTC student
Please note that there are two positions with the below hours available:
- Monday - 7:45 am - 12:00 pm
Tuesday - 7:45 am - 3:00 pm
Thursday - 7:45 am – 3:45 pm
- Monday - 3:45 pm – 8:00 pm
Tuesday - 3:45 pm – 8:00 pm
Wednesday - 7:45 am – 3:45 pm
Thursday - 7:45 am – 10:45 am
The Part-time Proctor assists full-time staff in ensuring the integrity of all exam processes in Testing Services, including adherence to NCTA and individual testing platform standards. The position interacts primarily with test takers. The Proctor provides assistance in the daily general operations of the Testing Services department as needed.
Essential Job Duties
- Work with full-time Testing Services staff to ensure the integrity of all exam processes in Testing Services. This includes strict attention to exam security, client check in protocols, exam proctoring requirements, and appropriate exam delivery for all testing platforms.
- Obtain and maintain the required certifications for the testing platforms.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner and in accordance with OTC policies, NCTA and all testing platform standards, and Testing Services proctor expectations, as detailed in the Testing Services proctor expectation handbook.
- Act to establish and maintain a low-stress environment that promotes test taker’s confidence and success.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience troubleshooting and/or resolving basic hardware and software issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment that requires attention to detail and/or compliance with strict standards.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks by following written instructions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Previous customer service experience.
- Experience with testing or in a testing center.
- Experience working within an academic and/or collegiate setting.
- Experience with Colleague.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.