Department: Center for Workforce Development
Salary Range: $35,308 - $60,000
Immediate Supervisor: Director, Business Development
Schedule Details: Full-time/12 month position/PEERS
The Business Manager is responsible for the selling of training and consultation services to businesses, organizations and individuals within the twelve-county OTC service region. The Business Manager is expected to develop industry-specific training programs to sustain and grow a highly skilled workforce talent pipeline.
Essential Job Duties
- Effectively articulate the value of professional workforce development solutions to targeted industry markets.
- Prospect potential new clients, identify decision makers and develop relationships that lead to new business.
- Manage and develop client list; advise prospective business clients on which training courses best fits their needs. Develop, execute and evaluate training solutions.
- Price contracts with different options and negotiate the best solution for both the client and the division.
- Maintain required reporting metrics utilizing CRM tool.
- Perform environmental scanning of the region, detecting early signs of opportunities for workforce development training programs and/or threats to current offerings from competition.
- Remain visible in the community, through managing open houses, workshops and coordinating special events.
- Travel as required to attend regional business, community and industry meetings, workforce development training programs, and College related professional conferences, workshops and meetings.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Represent the department at federal, state and community programs, where assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Two years of combined inside and/or outside sales experience.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills.
- Ability to negotiate and close sales with clients.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Five years of combined inside and/or outside sales experience.
- Highly experienced user of Salesforce.com, CRM for client data.
- Experienced user of social media (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn).
- Highly developed negotiation skills.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
- Copy of college transcripts
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.