Department: Café 101
Salary Range: $11 per hour
Immediate Supervisor: Food Service Manager or Food Service Supervisor
Schedule Details: Part-time (not to exceed 19.5 hours per week)
The Café Food Service Worker performs various job duties associated with Café 101 related to food service preparation, cooking, catering set up, customer service, meets the public tactfully, courteously and works independently in the absence of supervision using initiative and judgment in dealing with work flow and uncertain situations.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist with food preparation and cooking.
- Assist in general cleaning of kitchen and dining room; dishwashing and utensil storage.
- Restock supplies as needed.
- Assist customers in Café 101.
- Assist in preparation, set up, and serving duties of catered events on campus; beverage/dessert hosting, delivery to catering destinations, pre-planning process of catered function, clean up.
- Perform other food service functions as needed.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push and pull up to 100 lbs.
- Proper grooming habits.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure.
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
- Dependable transportation.
- Experience in food service industry.
- Cashier experience.
- ServSafe certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.