Part Time Medical Lab Assistant (CWD)
Job no: 493244
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Part-Time Staff, Technical Education
JOB TITLE: MEDICAL LAB ASSISTANT
SALARY RANGE: $18-20.00/hourly
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Director of Allied Health
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Part-time
The Lab assistant will be responsible for assisting in the instruction of medical assisting labs and programs as well as maintain professionalism within their specialized field, including currency and required certifications.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintain currency of knowledge and skill in field of specialization and areas of instruction.
- Maintain professionalism and vocational certifications, as required by position and by the State of Missouri.
- Assist Program Manager and Director with program development and revisions.
- Provide quality instruction which is reflective of current discipline standards and is accurate, relevant, and engaging using college/state –approved curriculum and resources.
- Follow the course syllabus for current programs.
- Assist with creating pedagogical strategies such as active learning, authentic and problem-based activities, and other successful teaching strategies into lab instruction.
- Assist with fostering a positive lab learning environment by helping the instructor present information in a way that is inclusive to all learners.
- Carry out program check-offs in an unbiased and civil manner, while demonstrating respect, helpfulness, and responsiveness toward students.
- Participate in required number of hours of professional development each year.
- Demonstrate reflective practice, including assessment of student learning. This includes ongoing formative assessments, as well as official departmental assessment.
- Actively participate in department and division meetings, events, and initiatives.
- Attend and witness academic advising as necessary
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Conduct site visits with instructors, or cover classes so that instructors can conduct site visits for students
- Assist with setting up and breaking down labs
- Perform other duties as assigned, including participating in commencement, attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Participate in professional organizations, as appropriate.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Medical Assistant certification and/or graduation from an accredited medical assistant program
- Demonstrate current knowledge in course content and effectiveness in teaching assigned subjects.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
- Expert at practice and teaching of venipuncture and capillary puncture procedures including site selection and
- 2-3 years in adult education or training others in a professional capacity
- Prior medical assistant or related occupation experience, i.e. blood banking, ambulatory clinic aide, etc.
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree in an allied health field
- Knowledge of a Learning Management System (such as Canvas).
- CPR Instructor Certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend