Salary Range: $21,000 - $38,000
Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Director of Academic Advising
Schedule Details: Full-time (Office hours are 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on Friday. Flexibility to work any shift within these hours is required. Occasional evening and weekend work is also required.)/12 month position/PEERS
The Academic Advising Representative performs necessary functions assisting current and prospective students with their questions and issues relating to all areas of Student Services.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide general information and assistance related to the various processes within Student Services via phone, e-mail and face-to-face.
- Serve as the initial contact for current and prospective students needing assistance in Academic Advising.
- Work closely with and understand the functions of other departments to effectively communicate accurate and timely information.
- Assist with express advising and presenting STAR Seminars.
- Maintain Academic Advising related materials such as STAR Seminar related items.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning (or equivalent credit hours).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Previous experience in a customer or student services related position.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Experience in academic advising.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
- Copy of college transcripts
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.