Cyber Security Engineer II
Job no: 493280
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Full-Time Staff/Administration, Staff, Information Technology
JOB TITLE: CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER II
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SALARY RANGE: $55,000-$82,000
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Chief Technology Officer
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Full-time/12 month position/PEERS
The Cyber Security Engineer II is responsible for providing leadership and advanced technical expertise to the information security program covering multiple campuses and centers. Efforts are aimed at establishing and maintaining the safety and ongoing protection of the college’s information assets while maintaining compliance with applicable regulations.
- Develop and recommend information security policies, standards and best practices.
- Identify and mitigate vulnerabilities posing threats to college information systems.
- Evaluate and, as appropriate, recommend acquisition of new and improved information security technology.
- Install and configure information security devices and tools to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Maintain security systems in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Works with various teams to ensure proper security is included in workstations, servers and network devices.
- Conducts Technical Security Assessments, such as the following:
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Application Assessments
- Network Security Assessments
- Security Audits
- Penetration Testing
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Maintain relations and act as liaison for vendors and third party security groups.
- Provide budget guidance for information security requirements.
- Conduct research of new information security technologies and emerging threats.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Two years of experience in cyber security.
- Security related experience including IDS/IPS, Firewalls, SEIMs and Log Management, syslog analysis, HTTP and TCP/IP analysis, and vulnerability assessment.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Master’s degree in a computer related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Four years of experience in cyber security.
- Current Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) Security credentials.
- Industry certifications (CISSP, CISA, CISM, GSEC).
- Knowledge of information assurance and security policies, procedures, directives and frameworks including NIST SPs, PCI/DSS, and GLBA.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend