Part-time Motorcycle Instructor (CWD)
Job no: 493297
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Technical Education, Part-Time Staff
JOB TITLE: CWD Part-Time Motorcycle Instructor
SALARY RANGE: $21.00 - $25.00/Hourly
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: CWD Program Manager
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Part-Time (not to exceed 19.5 hours per week)
The MSF Rider Coach is responsible for participant learning in the classroom and on the riding range for the basic rider and the experienced rider courses in accordance with Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) standards. The essential functions of this position require a physical presence onsite.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintain professionalism and required certifications, as required by position and by the State of Missouri and Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) standards.
- Provide quality instruction for all tasks involved in classroom and range set-up, supervising the range aide and assuring safety standards are maintained.
- Must be able to ensure that courses are conducted in a safe manner, and assure the site sponsor rules for the use of the facility are followed.
- Complete and verify course paperwork for accuracy and completeness and be able to evaluate student performance and record grades.
- You will be expected to correctly demonstrate range exercises
- Ensure all motorcycles are in operating order at the end of each class or report non-operating motorcycles to the Program Manager.
- Maintain MSF Rider Coach, MMSP yearly updates and driving privileges.
- Foster a positive classroom learning environment by presenting information in a way that is inclusive to all learners.
- Present course content in an unbiased and civil manner, while demonstrating respect, helpfulness, and responsiveness toward students.
- Maintain appropriate record keeping for assigned classes to include student attendance, record of grades earned, and other related classroom information.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Participate in professional organizations, as appropriate.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School graduate or equivalent
- MMSP Certification for State of Missouri
- Valid class M (or equivalent from another state) driver's license.
- No more than 2 convictions within the past 12-month period for violations of traffic regulations governing the movement of vehicles. Anyone convicted of serious driving violations (DUI, DWS, DWR, Reckless Driving) is not eligible to teach for a period of 3 years after the conviction.
- Must be able to work with a co-facilitator.
- Ability to operate 5-lb, dry-chemical (ABC) fire extinguisher.
- Agree to abide by the MSF’s Rider Coach Rules of Professional Conduct, which includes wearing protective gear in route to/from and during class (if riding a school or personal motorcycle)
- Must be in good health and physically fit
- Above-average communication skills
- Complete annual update prior to teaching.
- Ability to teach daytime, evening or weekend courses, as needed.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Experience in a leadership role in a professional organization.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend