Part-Time OSHA Instructor (CWD)
Job no: 493298
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Workforce Development, Part-Time Staff
JOB TITLE: CWD Part-Time OSHA-Authorized Outreach Trainer/Qualified Instructor DEPARTMENT: CWD
SALARY RANGE: $35.00 - $40.00/Hourly FLSA: NON-EXEMPT
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: CWD Program Manager
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Part-Time (not to exceed 19.5 hours per week)
As a representative of OTC’s host training organization designation for the Great Plains OSHA Education Center, the OSHA-Authorized Outreach Trainer/Qualified instructor will deliver occupational safety and health training to private and public sector workers, supervisors, and employers throughout the 12- county OTC service region. They will teach regularly scheduled open enrollment classes and/or contracted classes with area businesses. They may work up to 19.5 hours per week. Hours are not guaranteed. The essential functions of this position require a physical presence onsite.
Essential Job Duties
- Teach OSHA 10-hour, 30-hour and other OTI Education Center courses at a variety of times – including days, evenings, and weekends – and locations in response to institutional needs.
- Maintain professionalism and required certifications, as required by position and OSHA Directorate of training and education.
- Demonstrate skill and/or knowledge in teaching discipline
- Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods.
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines.
- Demonstrate competence and interest in the use of technology in the classroom and willingness to explore new instructional methodologies.
- Maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Learn and apply technologies that support student learning.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Participate in professional organizations, as appropriate.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Willing and able to teach day, evening, or weekend classes at a number of sites around the area, as needed.
- Authorized OSHA Instructor (or the ability to achieve authorized status)
- Qualified Instructor for OTI Education Center courses
- Must be able to work with a co-facilitator.
- Above-average communication skills
- Ability to work well with others.
- Maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- The ability to enter OSHA class information into OSHA portal.
- Knowledge in 1926 & 1910 standards.
- Demonstration of two years’ experience teaching adults in a training or academic environment
- Minimum five years of Construction or General Industry safety experience.
- Authorization to teach OSHA 10-hour, & 30-hour courses
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend