Director of Development- OTC Foundation
Job no: 493312
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Full-Time Staff/Administration, Advancement/OTC Foundation, Staff
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
DEPARTMENT: OTC Foundation
SALARY RANGE: $60,000-$80,000
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Chief of Staff & Executive Director of the OTC Foundation
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Full-time/12 month position/PSRS
The Director of Development is responsible for fundraising and relationship management for the OTC Foundation in order to support the mission of Ozarks Technical Community College.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and implement a comprehensive development program using a variety of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship techniques including making personal visits, phone calls, sending appeals, events and gatherings, online campaigns, and networking to further the mission of the foundation.
- Maintain relationships with a portfolio of donors and prospects and solicit their support.
- Identify new prospects and develop and implement plans for cultivation and solicitation.
- Execute strategic direct mail solicitations.
- Prepare proposals, solicitation letters, and coordinate the creation of other cultivation materials.
- Responsible for all stewardship activities.
- Assist the Executive Director with board relations and in the creation of content for quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
- Maintain an active community presence by representing the OTC Foundation at a wide variety of functions, including evening and/or weekend activities, meetings and events.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Participate in professional organizations, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Three years of experience developing and maintaining effective relationships.
- Understanding of non-profit development and charitable giving.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with all constituencies of a diverse community.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend