Department: Table Rock Campus
Salary Range: $9.00 - $10.00 per hour
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Student Services
Schedule Details: Part-time (not to exceed 19.5 hours per week)
Work Hours: General work hours include Monday - Thursday from 1 p.m. - 6 p.m. Schedule may vary.
The part-time Student Services Representative position assists students, prospective students, staff, faculty, and external constituents by in person and by phone with financial aid, admissions, registration, payment, and general information. Additionally, this position assists with email, Live Chat, and various office tasks.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide quality customer service to the college’s diverse internal and external constituents in person and by phone.
- Provide general information and services related to the various processes within Student Services including admissions, testing, advisement, financial aid, registration and counseling via phone, e-mail and face-to-face.
- Serve as the initial contact for current and prospective students, as well as community members and campus visitors at the Table Rock Campus.
- Assist with the facilitation of STAR Seminars, administration of proctored testing and coordination of student picnics and other events on campus.
- Use active listening to communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Utilize problem solving skills to resolve complex student issues.
- Work closely with departments from across the college to communicate accurate and timely information.
- Communicate in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Communicate student issues to supervisor or applicable personnel when appropriate.
- Assist with preparing printed letters for outgoing mail.
- Follow FERPA guidelines for student privacy.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Prior customer service experience.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities at the same time.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Prior student services experience.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
- Copy of college transcripts
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.