Department: Lebanon Education Center
Salary Range: Salary based on education and experience.
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Dean of the OTC Education Centers
Schedule Details: Part-time (not to exceed 19.5 hours per week)
The Part-time Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining, performing, and assisting with various tasks necessary in the day-to-day operations at the Lebanon Education Center. This position demonstrates a friendly manner and excellent communication skills in a professional work environment.
Essential Job Duties
- Perform receptionist tasks, greet students and answer phones while maintaining a pleasant and positive attitude to all students, faculty, and staff.
- Maintain and update filing systems consistent with education center operations.
- Maintain an up-to-date calendar of events and course schedules; post both on hallway bulletin boards.
- Perform student services processes, including admissions, registration, and financial aid.
- Serve as an advisor and help students to determine proper course choice, sequence, and schedule.
- Distribute pertinent information to students.
- Assist new and existing instructors with various office equipment, including copiers, fax machine, Scantron, etc.
- Provide access to instructional materials and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- One year of customer service experience.
- Experience working independently with students and customers.
- Ability to work morning hours three to four days per week.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Progress towards an associate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Experience with an online Learning Management System (such as Canvas).
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a community college setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.