Department: Auxiliary Services
Salary Range: Part Time Pay Schedule
Immediate Supervisor: Customer Service & Marketing Manager
Schedule Details: Part-time/Temporary
The Bookstore Sales Associate performs necessary functions assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Bookstore, including customer service, stocking, answering phones, and assisting students. This position also meets the public tactfully and courteously, and works independently in the absence of supervision by using initiative and judgment in dealing with workflow or uncertain situations.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide excellent customer service in all areas of the Bookstore.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Bookstore, which may include operating cash registers, assisting customers, answering phones, maintaining the sales floor, stocking merchandise, and receiving shipments.
- Remain knowledgeable about bookstore policies, procedures, and operations.
- Respond to customer complaints, store emergencies, and disruption of services.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Help to ensure the success of the Bookstore by performing all other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push and pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to make basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous cashier and/or customer service experience.
- Dependable transportation.
- National Career Readiness Certificate.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.