Part Time Veterans and Military Services Office Representative
Job no: 493663
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Staff, Student Affairs, Part-Time Staff
JOB TITLE: Veterans and Military Services Office Representative DEPARTMENT: Veterans and Military Services Office
SALARY RANGE: $13-14 per hour FLSA: NON-EXEMPT
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Veterans and Military Services Office Representative
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Part-time (Office hours will be between 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on Friday. Flexibility to work any shift within these hours is required. 12-month position
The Veteran and Military Services Office (VMSO) representative performs necessary functions to assist the VMSO in facilitating and managing all processes related to the student utilization of VA benefits, and performing other duties as assigned by the full time VMSO representative and/or Dean of Student Development.
Essential Job Duties
- Work directly with eligible students to complete the process of applying for and receiving VA educational benefits
- Advise prospective and current veterans, dependents, and active-duty military students of their GI Bill and Tuition Assistance options.
- Process student veteran claims for educational benefits; serves as liaison between students and the VA to resolve issues affecting those benefits
- Monitor student compliances with benefit program requirements.
- Process the awarding of Post 9/11 benefits within Colleague student information system.
- Process military veteran Academic Leave of Absence requests in collaboration with various Student Affairs departments
- Act as a liaison with various organizations and institutions in the community on behalf of VMSO
- Collaborate with various offices and departments at the college in the facilitation of VA benefits to students
- Connect veteran students who are having academic or personal difficulties with appropriate community and campus resources.
- Serve as a Veteran Certifying Officer, supporting VMSO operations.
- Assist in facilitating and delegating tasks for VA work-study students
- Process documents for students in VA RNW
- Assist in processing documents in VA-Once
- Assist Guard and Reservists with Tuition Assistance steps and paperwork
- Assist with preparation for VA Compliance Survey paperwork
- Remain current in knowledge of VA benefits available to students through the Department of Veteran’s Affairs
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with all constituencies of a diverse college community
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity
- Attention to detail and task-oriented
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Previous experience working with veterans’ education benefits and/or active duty military education programs
- Knowledge of relevant regulations governing veterans’ education benefits
- Experience with Colleague
- Experience working in a collegiate setting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger/touch, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to move around and about their area, and operate a computer as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend