Development Specialist- OTC Foundation
Job no: 493667
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Staff, Advancement/OTC Foundation, Full-Time Staff/Administration
JOB TITLE: DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
DEPARTMENT: OTC FOUNDATION
SALARY RANGE: $30,000 - $65,000
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Operations, OTC Foundation
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Full-time/12-month position/PEERS
The Development Specialist is responsible for executing strategic annual giving and communication programs including personal solicitation and stewardship of a portfolio including donors, employees, alumni, and prospects as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintain a portfolio of annual giving donors and prospects, cultivating the relationships and soliciting their support.
- Work with the Foundation staff to coordinate the annual employee giving campaigns and alumni engagement campaign.
- With the assistance of the Director of Development, add and cultivate annual donor prospects.
- Prepare and distribute stewardship materials including giving records and acknowledgments, giving and financial reports, and direct mail.
- Work with the Director of Operations to understand and utilize CRM processes and usage.
- Work with the Director of Operations to administer the Foundation scholarship program according to donor intent, including communication coordination between donors and students.
- Under the direction of the Director of Operations, execute all stewardship activities related to scholarship funds, including maintaining communication with scholarship donors to provide updates on their funds.
- Act as main contact to oversee and provide guidance to departments and student groups seeking to raise funds for their projects and departments.
- Coordinate and execute annual events for donors, students, alumni and employees, including but not limited to the annual Donor Reception, student scholarship orientations, Family Giving Week, and more.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Maintain an active community presence by representing the OTC Foundation at a wide variety of functions, including evening and/or weekend activities, meetings and events.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Three years of experience developing and maintaining effective relationships.
- Understanding of non-profit development and charitable giving.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend