Instructor- Electrical Trades
Job no: 493674
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Faculty, Academic Affairs, Full-Time Faculty
JOB TITLE: INSTRUCTOR – ELECTRICAL TRADES
DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL EDUCATION
SALARY RANGE: FACULTY SALARY CLASSIFICATION CHART
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assigned Department Chair or Program Director
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Full-time/9 month position/PSRS
The Instructor is responsible for developing and implementing the daily lesson plans and activities for proper management of assigned classes. The instructor is also responsible for creating a classroom environment that implements best practices, supports industry standards, and engages students in career and technical education. The instructor will also maintain industry and required certification(s) for specialized fields. This position is responsible for 15 credit hours of instruction per fall and spring semester. The Instructor is allowed to teach two classes for overload per semester. Over two classes requires approval of Dean and Provost.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide quality instruction which is reflective of current discipline standards and is accurate, relevant, and engaging using college–approved curriculum and resources.
- Actively engage and interact with students using intentional best practice teaching strategies.
- Plan and prepare the learning environment with needed materials and supplies.
- Develop a course syllabus for each class taught using the approved course abstract and syllabus template.
- Present course content in an unbiased and civil manner, while demonstrating respect, helpfulness, and responsiveness toward students.
- Demonstrate professional conduct, positive attitude, and supportive culture.
- Maintain appropriate record keeping for assigned classes to include student attendance, record of grades earned, and other related classroom information.
- Schedule and keep a minimum of five office hours per week convenient to students.
- Assist in addressing student concerns regarding advisement, placement, and course difficulties.
- Work with program advisory committees; serve as partners with local industry.
- Facilitate student recruitment; assist in the promotion of programs.
- Sponsor student clubs and/or organizations, as appropriate.
- Complete professional development training hours and maintain appropriate professional certification, as necessary.
- Actively participate in department and division meetings, events, and initiatives
- Assist in textbook and course material selection; assist with curriculum development and modification of programs.
- Maintain confidentiality of students, parents/guardians, and fellow staff members, as well as records and all information.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including participating in commencement, attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Licensed as a Journeyman Electrician.
- Associate’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning, or ability to complete an Associate’s degree within 6 months.
- A valid Missouri teaching certificate with the Department of Elementary & Secondary Education (or be willing to obtain current teaching certificate in secondary and post-secondary education from the State of Missouri at the applicants' expense).
- Five years or more of employment experience in the electrical industry.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to use technology for professional productivity
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Teaching experience in the career and technical education field.
- Ten years of employment experience in the industry or a related field.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (such as Canvas).
- Participation in professional organizations related to teaching area.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend