Part-Time Center of Excellence in Medical Simulation Technician
Job no: 493697
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Staff, Part-Time Staff, Center for Public Safety
JOB TITLE: PART-TIME CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN MEDICAL SIMULATION TECHNICIAN
DEPARTMENT: CENTER FOR PUBLIC SAFETY
SALARY RANGE: PART-TIME PAY SCALE
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Lead Operations Specialist
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Part-time/ as needed/ (19.5 hours weekly)
The Simulation Technician works in support of the Simulation Center to provide simulation development, set-up, and delivery of scenarios. This position will maintain professionalism within their specialized field. The essential functions of this position require a physical presence onsite.
Essential Job Duties
- Locate and manage medical supplies needed to enhance delivery of simulation activities
(e.g. IV supplies, pumps, dressings, etc.).
- Operate computer manikins, related operating software, characteristics, programming, and A/V equipment.
- Maximize creativity with established learning context to simulate realistic learning situations.
- Provide logistical support for simulation activities including: set-up and tear down of high-fidelity manikins, computers, and A/V equipment.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Assist in operating, maintaining, and repairing health care simulation equipment and associated technology to assure that all equipment is maintained and in good working order.
- Assist in maintaining and implementing software and firmware updates for simulation software, hardware, simulators, task trainers and other technology equipment.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals within the community to create dynamic learning opportunities in simulation.
- Maintain competency in simulation education by networking with industry leaders, attending conferences, and participating in online forums dedicated to simulation technology.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience as a healthcare professional in a clinical setting
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and easily.
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree in a healthcare field
- Two years of experience in healthcare simulation and/or manikin operation.
- Experience and skill in using Windows and digital audio-visual equipment.
- Experience in the delivery of clinical education.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend