Part-time Help Desk Technician
Job no: 493765
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Information Technology, Part-Time Staff
Department: Information Technology
Salary Range: $12.25 - $14.25
Immediate Supervisor: Help Desk Coordinator
Schedule Details: Part-time (not to exceed 19.5 hours per week)
The Part-time Help Desk Technician is responsible for assisting faculty, students, and staff with technical issues via phone, email, chat and in person. Major responsibilities include maintenance, software installation, and first-level problem resolution for computers and printers. The essential functions of this position require a physical presence onsite.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist faculty, staff, and students with technical issues.
- Install software and hardware.
- Answer inbound phone calls.
- Perform general clerical duties, data entry, and filing.
- Enter incident and service request tickets.
- Maintain Information Technology and media equipment.
- Maintain and clean lab areas and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated experience working in a help desk setting.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
- Experience with Colleague.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger/touch, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to move around and about their area, and operate a computer as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend