Part-Time Shipping & Receiving Distribution Clerk
Job no: 493808
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Administrative Services, Part-Time Staff
Job Title: Part-time Shipping, Receiving, & Distribution Clerk Department: Administrative Services
Salary Range: $12.25 per hour FLSA: Non-Exempt
Immediate Supervisor: Shipping & Receiving Clerk Supervisor
Schedule Details: Part-time (not to exceed 19.5 hours per week)
The Part-time Shipping, Receiving, & Distribution Clerk performs various job duties, including sorting and distributing college mail, filling office supply orders, meeting the public tactfully and courteously and working independently in the absence of supervision using initiative and judgment in dealing with workflow and uncertain situations.
Essential Job Duties
- Receive mail delivery from the U.S. Post Office daily.
- Sort U.S. mail by building location within the college daily.
- Deliver sorted U.S. mail/college inter-department mail to appropriate college buildings as scheduled.
- Sort and re-route returning tubs containing inter-department mail and U.S. mail for next scheduled mail run.
- Distribute and pick up afternoon mail at appropriate college buildings.
- Process outgoing U.S. mail. (All mail must be sorted and charged by department with information recorded in one or more of the following categories: quantity, weight, pre-sort, library, postcards, certified, registered and parcel costs).
- Answer phone calls in a professional manner; take clear and informative notes of phone conversations for mail room/shipping/receiving.
- Assist, as directed, by College Director of Procurement in pickup and delivery of surplus property to be transferred to warehouse or auction location.
- Receive incoming freight, to include unloading freight and handling various freight carrier deliveries.
- Log all incoming shipments by tracking number and correlate with receiving a copy of respective purchase order.
- Coordinate deliveries to departments and maintain delivery logs verifying material tracking.
- Process outgoing various freight carrier shipments.
- Record and maintain charges to the proper department budgets from the U.S. Post Office, UPS, FedEx or Ozark Mailing Services.
- Train and work with work-study students hired in department, as directed by College Director of Procurement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Class E Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Previous shipping and receiving experience.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend