Student Success Representative - Technical Education
Job no: 493971
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Full-Time Staff/Administration, Student Success
JOB TITLE: STUDENT SUCCESS REPRESENTATIVE - TECHNICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT: STUDENT SUCCESS
SALARY RANGE: $30,000-$32,000 FLSA: NON-EXEMPT
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Student Success – Technical Education
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Full-time (Office hours are 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on Friday). Flexibility to work any shift within these hours is required. Occasional evening and weekend work is also required. /12-month position/PEERS
The Student Success Representative – Technical Education serves as the first point of contact for students and guests for the Technical Education Student Success Department. The Student Success Representative provides excellent customer service in connecting each student to their assigned College Navigator, communicating proactively to current students, and assisting internal and external constituents by phone and in person with general questions about financial aid, admissions, registration and payment. Other major responsibilities include assisting with email, Live Chat, and various office tasks. The essential functions of this position require a physical presence onsite.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide excellent customer service to the College’s diverse customer base by telephone, in person, email, and Live Chat messages.
- Serve as the first point of contact for walk-in students and guests for the Technical Education Student Success Department.
- Assist with proactive communication to current students and connection to the student’s assigned College Navigator.
- Coordinate appointment scheduling for current students with their assigned College Navigator.
- Understand the functions of various offices and connect students with the right people to assist them.
- Deliver and receive documentation critical to being admitted, receiving financial aid, registering, and maintaining student records.
- Provide assistance with processing paperwork and other tasks required to serve students.
- Maintain an accurate working knowledge of financial aid, admissions, registration, payment and other areas of the college in order to answer questions accurately.
- Actively listen to callers and communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Work closely with departments from across the college to communicate accurate and timely information.
- Develop an awareness of student issues and concerns, and communicate to supervisor or appropriate College Navigator.
- Assist with supply orders for the Technical Education Student Success department.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the telephone and electronically.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- One year of call center experience.
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend