Part-Time Student Records Assistant
Job no: 493980
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Student Affairs, Part-Time Staff
JOB TITLE: STUDENT RECORDS ASSISTANT DEPARTMENT: REGISTRAR’S OFFICE
SALARY RANGE: $12.25/HOURLY FLSA: NONEXEMPT
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assistant Registrar – Degree Analyst
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Part-time (not to exceed 19.5 hours per week)
The part-time Student Records Assistant is responsible for maintaining, performing, and assisting with various tasks necessary in the day-to-day operations of the Registrar’s Office. Recognizes and maintains confidentiality of student records and information. The essential functions of this position require a physical presence onsite.
Essential Job Duties
- Process and maintain advisor assignments and respond to email communications.
- Monitor transcript processing and transcript portal; resolve action items and respond to email communications.
- Assist with Student Information requests.
- Process address cleanup reports.
- Process enrollment verifications.
- Receive and process incoming faxes and e-mails.
- Collect, sort, and process mail each day.
- Scan and link documents to student accounts using the college’s document imaging software.
- Enter student and course data into the college’s student information system with a high level of accuracy.
- Conduct phone and email conversations with students and organizations regarding student records within the guidelines of FERPA.
- Assist Registrar’s Operations area as needed.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Completed 12 or more credit hours from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening, problem-solving, and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity, including word processing, electronic communications, databases, spreadsheets and presentations.
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Working experience with confidential records.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Working experience within a collegiate setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger/touch, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to move around and about their area, and operate a computer as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE COMPANY DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYOMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend