Assistant College Director of Financial Aid
Job no: 493985
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Staff, Full-Time Staff/Administration
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT COLLEGE DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL AID DEPARTMENT: FINANCIAL AID
SALARY RANGE: $75,000 - $85,000 FLSA: EXEMPT
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: COLLEGE DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL AID
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Full-time/12-month position/PSRS
The assistant director of financial aid provides direction and leadership for the day-to-day operations of the financial aid office with special emphasis on compliance, efficient use of technology, processes, communications and customer service. The assistant director will manage the daily operations of the financial aid office. The essential functions of this position require a physical presence onsite.
Essential Job Duties
- Serves as lead financial aid administrator in the absence of the college director.
- Assists the college director as needed with the annual audits, program reviews, final reconciliation, and other reports required.
- Ensures effective operation of financial aid office by collaborating with the college director.
- Assists in the development of student financial aid policies.
- Conducts program evaluation within the financial aid department.
- Stays up to date on the financial aid management system to maximize efficiency.
- Responsible for return of Title IV calculations of all students when a student withdraws from the institution either officially or unofficially.
- Remains current on changes to the federal and state aid programs.
- Collaborates with student affairs and other departments throughout the college to provide student-centered, data-informed, proactive, and holistic supports to students.
- Participates in state, regional and national professional development activities.
- Maintains student confidentiality in accordance with FERPA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Five years of progressive experience in higher education with direct knowledge of financial aid
- Knowledge of and experience with financial aid administrative responsibilities (e.g., development of financial aid budgets, administration of Satisfactory Academic Progress, regulatory compliance, etc.)
- Three years of leadership and supervisory experience.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Seven years of progressive experience in higher education with direct knowledge of financial aid
- Five years of leadership experience.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
- Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
- Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
- ***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend