Department: Budget and Finance
Salary Range: $29,203 - $38,000
Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Bursar
Schedule Details: Full-time/12 month position/PEERS
The Student Accounts Analyst is responsible for cash receipting, accounts receivable payments, and responding to student inquiries. Other major responsibilities include explanation of student account activity, assisting with online payments and establishing payment plans. The Student Accounts Analyst provides quality customer service to students, employees and community members.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist students with payment plan enrollment, online payments, account inquiries and activity review. Manage refund activation, and reorder official college ID cards as needed.
- Receive all incoming calls for Student Accounts.
- Process daily receipting and balancing of all received College funds.
- Communicate and monitor College payment deadlines, policies, and procedures.
- Respond to general IRS form 1098-T inquiries.
- Reconcile general ledger activity for third party clearing accounts.
- Handle third party, Private External Scholarships, and military funding for transmittal needs.
- Assist with accounts receivable inquiries and process payments from businesses and community members.
- Process student financial aid refunds and student account refunds.
- Send student communication using online resources and student mailings.
- Process Student Emergency Loans and Veteran Emergency Loans.
- Initiate Early College Program billings and receipt payments.
- Initiate collections of returned unearned federal Title IV financial aid.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Participate in the Student Accounts customer service program.
- Assist with data entry and application of financial penalty charges.
- Utilize problem solving skills to resolve complex student issues.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning, or five years of equivalent work experience.
- Three years of cash handling and customer service experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel between all college system locations.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Five years of cash handling and customer service experience.
- Accounts receivable experience, specifically with computerized accounting systems.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
- Copy of college transcripts (if applicable)
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.