Instructor - Practical Nursing (TRC)
Job no: 494059
Work type: Table Rock Campus
Location: Hollister, MO
Categories: Health Sciences, Full-Time Faculty
Department: Health Sciences
Salary range: Faculty Salary Classification Chart
Immediate Supervisor: Practical Nursing Program Director
Schedule Details: Full-time/11 month position/PSRS
The Instructor will be responsible for the instruction and management of assigned classes and will maintain professionalism within their specialized field, including currency and required certifications. Other major responsibilities include participating on department and college-wide committees and assignments. This position is responsible for 15 – 25 instructional contact hours in a normal work week. The Instructor is allowed to teach two classes for overload per semester. Over two classes for overload is rare and requires approval of Dean and Provost.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintain currency of knowledge and skill in field of specialization and areas of instruction.
- Maintain professionalism and vocational certifications, as required by position.
- Assist in student outreach and recruitment for college, Health Sciences division and program.
- Provide quality instruction which is reflective of current discipline standards and is accurate, relevant, and engaging using college –approved curriculum and resources.
- Develop a course syllabus for each class taught, using the approved course abstract and syllabus template.
- Incorporate pedagogical strategies such as active learning, authentic and problem-based activities, and other successful teaching strategies into classroom instruction.
- Foster a positive classroom learning environment by presenting information in a way that is inclusive to all learners, including the assurance of section 508 accessibility.
- Present course content in an unbiased and civil manner, while demonstrating respect, helpfulness, and responsiveness toward students. This includes holding a minimum of five office hours per week in a way that is convenient to students in both format and modality.
- Participate in required number of hours of professional development each year, 10 of which must focus on fostering teaching improvement.
- Demonstrate reflective practice, including assessment of student learning. This includes ongoing formative assessments, as well as official departmental assessment.
- Actively participate in department and division meetings, events, and initiatives
- Mentor adjunct instructors in their academic department or program area, as needed.
- Assist in textbook and course material selection.
- Participate in curriculum development and work with advisory committees, as needed.
- Provide accurate and appropriate academic advising.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including participating in commencement, attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Participate in professional organizations, as appropriate.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Current (or be eligible to obtain) unrestricted Missouri State License as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Two years of experience within the last five years in nursing education, clinical practice, or administration.
- Demonstrate current knowledge in course content and effectiveness in teaching assigned subjects.
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Experience in a leadership role in a professional organization.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend