Adjunct Instructor - Economics (REC)
Job no: 494081
Work type: Republic Center
Location: Republic, MO
Categories: General Education, Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty
JOB TITLE: ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR DEPARTMENT: GENERAL EDUCATION
SALARY RANGE: ADJUNCT SALARY CLASSIFICATION CHART FLSA: EXEMPT
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Dean of General Education & Department Chair or appropriate campus/center dean
The Adjunct Instructor is responsible for the instruction and management of assigned classes, while remaining current in their discipline.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide quality instruction which is reflective of current discipline standards and is accurate, relevant, and engaging using college – approved curriculum and resources.
- Communicate and collaborate with full-time instructors in creating and implementing course curriculum, objectives and materials.
- Communicate student issues or concerns with appropriate personnel, while maintaining student confidentiality. Incorporate pedagogical strategies such as active learning, authentic and problem-based activities, and other successful teaching strategies into classroom instruction.
- Foster a positive classroom learning environment by presenting information in a way that is inclusive to all learners, including the assurance of section 508 accessibility.
- Present course content in an unbiased and civil manner, while demonstrating respect, helpfulness, and responsiveness toward students.
- Demonstrate reflective practice, including assessment of student learning. This includes ongoing formative assessments, as well as official departmental assessment.
- Actively participate in department and division meetings, events, and initiatives.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning with at least 18 graduate level credit hours in field of instruction.
- Previous teaching experience using interactive teaching techniques.
- Experience using assessment techniques to promote teaching and learning excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with all constituencies of a diverse community.
- Demonstrated interest in and passion for teaching community college students.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Experience with an online Learning Management System (LMS), such as Blackboard or Canvas.
- Participation in professional organizations related to teaching area.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger/touch, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to move around and about their area, and operate a computer as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend