Adjunct Instructor - Automotive
Job no: 494113
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Technical Education, Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty
JOB TITLE: ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – AUTOMOTIVE DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL EDUCATION
SALARY RANGE: ADJUNCT SALARY CLASSIFICATION CHART FLSA: EXEMPT
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assigned Department Chair
The Adjunct Instructor is responsible for developing and implementing the daily lesson plans and activities for proper management of assigned classes. The instructor is also responsible for creating a classroom environment that implements best practices, supports industry standards, and engages students in career and technical education.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide quality instruction which is reflective of current discipline standards and is accurate, relevant, and engaging using college–approved curriculum and resources.
- Actively engage and interact with students using intentional best practice teaching strategies.
- Plan and prepare the learning environment with needed materials and supplies.
- Communicate and collaborate with full-time instructors in creating and implementing course curriculum, objectives and materials.
- Present course content in an unbiased and civil manner, while demonstrating respect, helpfulness, and responsiveness toward students.
- Demonstrate professional conduct, positive attitude, and supportive culture.
- Maintain appropriate record keeping for assigned classes to include student attendance, record of grades earned, and other related classroom information.
- Maintain confidentiality of students, parents/guardians, and fellow staff members, as well as records and all information.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Five years of employment experience in the automotive/diesel/heavy-duty/industry or a related field
- Ability to maintain a lab space that is well organized and that will allow for safe, productive, and effective student learning.
- Demonstrate current knowledge in course content and effectiveness in teaching assigned subjects.
- Availability to teach evening courses, as needed.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- ASE Certification (or ability to acquire certification in the appropriate ASE areas within six months of hire).
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Teaching experience in the career and technical education field.
- An industry recognized credential in the program field of study.
- Ten years of employment experience in the automotive industry or a related field.
- Availability to teach daytime, evening, or weekend courses, as needed.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (such as Canvas).
- Participation in professional organizations related to teaching area.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger/touch, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to move around and about their area, and operate a computer as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend