Instructor - Information Technology Infrastructure
Job no: 493977
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Technical Education, Full-Time Faculty
JOB TITLE: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE INSTRUCTOR DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL EDUCATION
SALARY RANGE: $65,000 - $80,000 FLSA: EXEMPT
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assigned Department Chair
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Full-time/12-month position/PSRS
The Instructor is responsible for developing and implementing the daily lesson plans and activities for proper management of assigned classes. The instructor is also responsible for creating a classroom environment that implements best practices, supports industry standards, and engages students in career and technical education. The instructor will also maintain industry and required certification(s) for specialized fields. This position is responsible for 15 credit hours of instruction per fall and spring semester, and three credit hours of instruction or internship supervision for the summer semester. Equivalent non-credit instruction may be exchanged for credit instruction.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide quality instruction which is reflective of current discipline standards and is accurate, relevant, and engaging using college–approved curriculum and resources.
- Actively engage and interact with students using intentional best practice teaching strategies.
- Plan and prepare the learning environment with needed materials and supplies.
- Develop a course syllabus for each class taught using the approved course abstract and syllabus template.
- Present course content in an unbiased and civil manner, while demonstrating respect, helpfulness, and responsiveness toward students.
- Demonstrate professional conduct, positive attitude, and supportive culture.
- Maintain appropriate record keeping for assigned classes to include student attendance, record of grades earned, and other related classroom information.
- Schedule and keep a minimum of five office hours per week convenient to students.
- Assist in addressing student concerns regarding advisement, placement, and course difficulties.
- Work with program advisory committees; serve as partners with local industry.
- Facilitate student recruitment; assist in the promotion of programs.
- Sponsor student clubs and/or organizations, as appropriate.
- Complete professional development training hours and maintain appropriate professional certification, as necessary.
- Actively participate in department and division meetings, events, and initiatives
- Assist in textbook and course material selection; assist with curriculum development and modification of programs.
- Maintain confidentiality of students, parents/guardians, and fellow staff members, as well as records and all information.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including participating in commencement, attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning (or ability to complete an associate degree within six months of hire).
- Valid Missouri teaching certificate with the Department of Elementary & Secondary Education (or be willing to obtain current teaching certificate in secondary and post-secondary education from the State of Missouri at the applicants' expense).
- Three years of employment experience in an IT related field with emphasis on network security.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise network administration.
- Demonstrate current knowledge in course content and effectiveness in teaching assigned subjects.
- Experience related to enterprise resources, such as email, web, and database servers in both a Microsoft and Linux environment.
- Availability to teach daytime, evening, or weekend courses, as needed.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Teaching experience in the career and technical education field.
- An industry recognized credential in the program field of study.
- Five years of employment experience in IT security or a related occupation.
- Experience in Cisco CCNA level network management.
- Knowledge of learning management systems (such as Canvas).
- Participation in professional organizations related to teaching area.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend