Job no: 494131
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Administrative Services, Full-Time Staff/Administration
JOB TITLE: PURCHASING COORDINATOR DEPARTMENT: ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
SALARY RANGE: $36,000 – $45,000 FLSA: NON-EXEMPT
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: College Director of Procurement
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Full-time/12 month position/PEERS
The Purchasing Coordinator performs work requiring knowledge of the functions of the department and acts as the major contact with suppliers for the department by quoting and bidding items to be procured, managing existing contracts, and placing orders. This position meets the public tactfully and courteously; works independently in the absences of supervision, using judgement in dealing with workflow and uncertain situations.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for composing bids and quotes for procurement items as directed, following procedures outlined by board policies and in accord with public purchasing law, including online bidding system. Review, analyze, and evaluate responses.
- Track vendor performance and pricing updates to assure optimal contract use. Monitor and evaluate vendor performance to insure they meet the requirements of the College. Develop new sources of supply to meet developing needs of the College.
- Proactively analyze group-purchasing opportunities to create cost effective alternatives for college purchases.
- Manage the purchase order process, including monitoring placing of orders, entering information into the Datatel/Ellucian system, generation of purchase orders, distributing signed purchase orders, reconciling invoices, and submitting for payment.
- Expedite purchase orders by verifying with the vendor the status of the delivery of goods ordered and purchased.
- Manage the process of returning previously purchased items back to vendors for credit if damaged or ordered incorrectly and handle expedited shipments with UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Respond to telephone inquiries and other questions regarding purchasing, bids, orders, and other related college policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain service agreements and related documents for contractors and service providers that work with the College.
- Assist in the management of and maintain the inventory and orders for the Central Office Supply.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, including serving on committees and attending community events.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Assist in the implementation of board-approved purchasing practices and procedures.
- Compose bids and quotes for college procurement items.
- Administer and track vendor performance and pricing updates to ensure the college is fiscally responsible in the procurement of assets and items.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Three years of experience in finance or purchasing.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with all constituencies of a diverse university community.
- Outstanding leadership and management skills.
- Understanding of automated management information systems, and a sound knowledge of relevant purchasing guidelines in the public sector and with the State of Missouri.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Experience with Colleague or Datatel.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend