Programmer Analyst I
Job no: 493655
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Information Technology, Staff, Full-Time Staff/Administration
JOB TITLE: PROGRAMMER ANALYST I
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SALARY RANGE: $48,000 - $73,000
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director of Application Programming
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Full-time/12 month position/PEERS
The Programmer Analyst I is an entry level position responsible for the design, maintenance and monitoring of the College’s Enterprise systems. Basic knowledge of modern programming languages and ability to develop applications in more than one language. Other major responsibilities include coordination with different areas of Information Technology to integrate external systems with data maintained on the SIS.
Essential Job Duties
- Application development, enhancement and conversion projects.
- Provide technical support to the programming staff for effective use of system software and diagnosing software faults.
- Participates in executing system test plans for new released patches and operation system upgrades.
- Troubleshoot module problems and recommend solutions or execute repairs.
- Translate system specifications into logical processes and prepare module design documents.
- Research and correct errors in application software.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Remain current with developments in system software, recommending changes or additions as appropriate.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree in computer information science or a related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Knowledge of modern object-oriented programming language (such as JAVA, .NET or C#).
- Experience with relational databases.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
- Basic understanding of reporting tools and report development.
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Two years of object-oriented programming experience.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as Perl, Powershell or Python.
- Experience with Colleague
- Experience using software development tools.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend