Part-time Web Services Specialist
Job no: 493282
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Part-Time Staff, Communications & Marketing, Staff
JOB TITLE: PART-TIME WEB SERVICES SPECIALIST
DEPARTMENT: WEB SERVICES
SALARY RANGE: $11.00- $14.00 Hourly
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: COLLEGE DIRECTOR OF WEB SERVICES
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Part-Time (19.5 hours weekly)
The Web Services Specialist will assist in maintaining programming elements and assist departments in formatting information for online publication of college-wide websites.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist in the maintenance of a college-wide digital content.
- Provides customer service to stakeholders at the college.
- Assist in the review, writing, and integration of college documents for various publications and administrative mediums.
- Assist departments in the writing of and design of affective elements in use for web, print, and other media mediums.
- Maintain and review the accuracy of new and existing documents for internal and external publications to the internet.
- Maintain common content elements found on college-wide websites and includes; links, email addresses, phone numbers, contact information, and other related information.
- Create documents to guide faculty and staff in publishing their individual OTC web pages.
- Provide general secretarial support, including scheduling, analytical reporting, preparing various financial and budgetary requests, phone, and call management for Web Services.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, including serving on committees and attending community events.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Provide additional assistance to the Chancellor’s office for staff coverage and reception.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate Degree in business, communications, information technology, or related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning or one year web development experience.
- Applicant must possess excellent interpersonal communication and technical writing skills, and should have a professional demeanor, organized and detail-oriented with a high level of initiative and sound judgment.
- Excellent ability to write, speak, and use images to clearly and persuasively communicate in technical and non-technical subjects with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong computer skills to include word processing, web searching, downloading, data manipulation, spreadsheets, and social networking .
- Basic knowledge or experience with CSS, PHP, and WordPress.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity.
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, information technology, or related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Strong analytical skills desired. Capable of integrating technical skills and strategies with needs analysis and strategic thinking about communication.
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Digital marketing (i.e., PPC, SMM, Retargeting, Display, Mobile, etc.)
- Prior experience in graphics editing and creation software such as Flash, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing, or coordinating projects to ensure meeting strategic goals and objectives.
- Prior web development experience.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed in a variety of settings including, but not limited to: college-owned vehicles (e.g. passenger buses, vans, trucks, and cars) and in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions or in laboratory/maintenance areas. Work environment may include extreme weather conditions such as heat, cold, and precipitation. Requires extended periods of time of driving, sitting idle, viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend