Job no: 493923
Work type: Lebanon Center, Republic Center, Richwood Valley Campus, Springfield Campus, Table Rock Campus, Waynesville Center
Location: Hollister, MO, Lebanon, MO, Nixa, MO, Republic, MO, Springfield, MO, Waynesville, MO
Categories: Facilities & Grounds, Part-Time Staff
Job Title: Part-Time Custodian
Department: Facilities and Grounds
Salary Scale: $14.04 per hour
Immediate Supervisor: Custodial Supervisor
Schedule Details: Part-time (not to exceed 19.5 hours per week)
The Part-time Custodian performs custodial duties for the college facilities during unoccupied and occupied hours, following established procedures and guidelines. This position will also move furnishings and equipment as needed, due to special events or to facilitate cleaning. The essential functions of this position require a physical presence onsite.
Essential Job Duties
- Perform scheduled cleaning and maintenance.
- Clean assigned buildings and facilities, including dusting surfaces and fixtures, scrubbing, mopping, stripping, waxing, vacuuming, and/or polishing floors and woodwork; and washing windows and other fixtures.
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms.
- Utilize and maintain appropriate equipment and tools including vacuums, dust/wet mop, buffer, floor scrubber, carpet extractor, deicer, etc.
- Read labels and mix chemicals according to instructions.
- Pick up trash and litter throughout assigned areas, including picking up recycled paper from established locations and appropriate disposal.
- Utilize appropriate safety equipment and procedures.
- Assist in light labor activities such as moving furniture, heavy equipment and supplies.
- Maintain walk areas including sweeping debris, washing walkways and using deicer.
- Remove snow and ice from sidewalks and surrounding areas.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, including serving on committees and attending community events.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Track and maintain supplies and communicate with purchaser to order more quantities.
- Operate company vehicles to complete assignments.
- Maintain a neat and orderly storage area for supplies and equipment.
- Work with Security personnel to ensure buildings are safe and secure as needed.
- Report damage to college property.
- Stop procedures that may be hazardous to students or visitors as they come into the assigned work area.
- Act as Lead Custodian in his/her absence.
- Attend employee in-service programs to improve work performance
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledgeable about cleaning and polishing agents including their proper use and application.
- Ability to utilize appropriate hand-controlled appliances and other safety equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions including chemical labels.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to pull and push up to 100 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work well with others.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- National Career Readiness Certificate.
- Two years of previous custodial experience.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger/touch, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to move around and about their area, and operate a computer as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend