Job no: 493986
Work type: Springfield Campus
Location: Springfield, MO
Categories: Facilities & Grounds, Full-Time Staff/Administration
JOB TITLE: CUSTODIAN I DEPARTMENT: FACILITIES AND GROUNDS
SALARY RANGE: $29,203 - $31,200 FLSA: NON-EXEMPT
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Custodial Supervisor
SCHEDULE DETAILS: Full-time/12 month position/PEERS
The Custodian I performs custodial duties for the college facilities during unoccupied and occupied hours, following established procedures and guidelines. This position will also move furnishings and equipment as needed, due to special events or to facilitate cleaning.
Essential Job Duties
- Perform scheduled cleaning and maintenance.
- Clean assigned buildings and facilities, including dusting surfaces and fixtures, scrubbing, mopping, stripping, waxing, vacuuming, and/or polishing floors and woodwork; and washing windows and other fixtures.
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms.
- Utilize and maintain appropriate equipment and tools including vacuums, dust/wet mop, buffer, floor scrubber, carpet extractor, deicer, etc.
- Read labels and mix chemicals according to instructions.
- Pick up trash and litter throughout assigned areas, including picking up recycled paper from established locations and appropriate disposal.
- Utilize appropriate safety equipment and procedures.
- Assist in light labor activities such as moving furniture, heavy equipment and supplies.
- Maintain walk areas including sweeping debris, washing walkways and using deicer.
- Remove snow and ice from sidewalks and surrounding areas.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Track and maintain supplies and communicate with purchaser to order more quantities.
- Operate company vehicles to complete assignments.
- Maintain a neat and orderly storage area for supplies and equipment.
- Work with Security personnel to ensure buildings are safe and secure as needed.
- Report damage to college property.
- Stop procedures that may be hazardous to students or visitors as they come into the assigned work area.
- Attend employee in-service programs to improve work performance
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledgeable about cleaning and polishing agents including their proper use and application.
- Ability to utilize appropriate hand controlled appliances and other safety equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, including chemical labels.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to pull and push up to 100 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- National Career Readiness Certificate.
- Previous experience in custodial duties and responsibilities.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend